top of page

Pet Bird Health Certificates

To take a pet bird abroad you will require a veterinary health certificate. Depending on the species of bird, and the country/countries you are travelling to this could either be an Export Health Certificate or a Private Veterinary Certificate


The requirements to take your bird abroad differ by country and species of bird, however due to the ongoing bird flu epidemic, most countries require birds to have an identifier tag (e.g. leg tag), and a 30 day quarantine period away from other birds and wild birds before a vet can issue a certificate, where the vet needs to inspect the quarantine conditions before and during the home quarantine period.


For the most up to date guidance on taking your pet abroad from the UK, along with a quote for PassPets to complete the relevant certificates, complete our form below. 

bottom of page